Courses and Retreats
SABLE LitMag partnership courses with The Arvon Foundation have become legendary for the fulfilling experiences that they offer, with writers attending from all over Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Africa. Residential courses are an amazing 5-day experience in a quiet country setting in England with professional writers as tutors. The week includes: course tuition that is tailored to meet individual needs as much as possible, one-to-one feedback with tutors on your work, accommodation and full board. As a partnership, the courses are offered to participants of African and Asian descent to motivate and to inspire writers to develop their work and then to submit it for publication to SABLE LitMag.
Our writing courses cover poetry, fiction, non-fiction, playwriting and memoir writing.
Courses include at least one SABLE editor and to date have included:
Dorothea Smartt, Nathalie Handal, Courttia Newland, Rajeev Balasubramanyam and Kadija Sesay.
They have also included other well known writers and tutors such as :
Marita Golden, John Lyons, Jack Mapanje, Jacob Ross, Ardashir Vakil and Lemn Sissay.
Previous participants have included :
- Donna Daley Clarke – author of Lazy Eye – Commonwealth Prize Eurasia winner 2006
- Shiromi Pinto – author of Trussed
- Biram Mboob – winner of Shorelines – First Chapter competition
- Kavita Banot – editor of Asian Enough? An anthology of Asian British writers
- Maggie Harris – author of
- Elly Niland – winner of the Guyana Prize for Literature (2007)
- Maureen Roberts – author of My Grandmother Sings to Me
Watch this space for other courses that we offer throughout the year.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to join our mailing list to be kept updated with details and any early booking discount offers!